[PD-dev] Separating GUI from the engine in PD

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 13 09:03:45 CET 2007

Pierpaolo Marcon wrote:
> I'm trying to put Pd on a DSP processor, but I need to separate
> completely the Pd engine from the GUI.
> Does anybody knows if it is available on the web the Pd engine code?
> (without GUI)

"pd -nogui" will launch pd without gui (no X or whatsoever needed)

"pd -guiport 7777" will connect pd to an already running gui via a
network socket (btw: it would be a very cool feature if pd could connect
to a remotely running gui, but to my knowledge this is currently not
implemented)

nevertheless i guess, that on your dsp you will want to run pd without
an ip-stack.

mfad.sr
IOhannes