[PD-dev] Separating GUI from the engine in PD

Pierpaolo Marcon pierpaolo.marcon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:42:59 CET 2007

 Sure!
Another question: I'm now trying to understand how the Gui communicates with
the engine, I mean what kind of messages are sent to the socket to say that
something has changed in the window.
I want to try to emulate the Gui with something else, for example my
keyboard, but I have to know WHAT my keyboard has to say to the engine (i.e.
what do i have to put in the buffer read by the engine and stored in the
_socketreceiver structure).

I've found no guides about it...
Thx!
Pierpaolo