[PD-dev] Call: Google Summer Of Code Ideas fir IEM updated.

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Wed Mar 21 06:07:19 CET 2007

Hi all,
I would be highly interested in applying as a student for this.

I already coded a few externals (see the directory externals/aalex in
the Pd CVS) but i am not quite advanced yet. I would like to improve
my C skills by programming something like a set of low-level Linux
(and other) tools to add more functionnalities to Pd. I am much
interested in wrapping several C libraries in Pd externals.

Other idea : I started a few externals for musical computing that are
the natural extension of my former "Muzaq" set of abstractions which
are now a part of the https://devel.goto10.org/pdmtl : these
abstractions are in the "musical" directory. I have still quite a
externals in the way, but I cannot give it much time because of
school, and while I am giving much time on the pdmtl abstractions
these days, as this is very fast to code for and experienced patcher.
This would be a great opportunity to provide the community a few more
musical objects to play with. For instance, I started a jazz chord
parser, an XML node external, and a few more still unfinished (a
wrapper for curl, and so on).

I don't know how this could be written in a formal way before the due
date (March 26th), but I would be interested in writing externals for
musical composition and low-level operations. I don't know what a
realistic number of externals would be realistic and interesting for
the Pd-community for me to achieve before the end of August. Also, I
am not sure about how to apply, even after reading the Google
documentation.

Thanks for any input,

--
Alexandre Quessy