[PD-dev] [PD] including a font file with Pd-extended & bdiag~ not compiling

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 28 11:11:33 CEST 2007

Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:
> Well, i think you guys will find a solution.
>
> It makes me think of the "pidip" installation, which we will come to
> at a point, since it uses Fonts, too.
>
> I just wanted to remind you, that that's a similar problem and maybe
> can be solved with this one.

hmm, i think (but don't know exactly) that pidip needs low-level access
to the font, instead of relying onto system-fonts.
it just happens that pidip searches the system-font paths to get its fonts.

it should be similar to the case of Gem (though Gem does not even
attempt to access the system fonts);
one could hack pidip (if it doesn't already do so) to additionally use
pd's search paths to search for fonts.

i don't think that this is that simple with tcl/tk (but then: why not?),
which probably relies on the system's font manager.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes