[PD-dev] vbap in cvs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 2 19:27:23 CEST 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 4:11 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Georg Holzmann wrote:
>> Hallo Peter+Hans!
>>
>>> Yeah, they aren't hurting anything, they've been there a looong
>>> time.  So might as well keep them.
>>
>> Yes, but IMHO the cvs is not here for binaries ! (and then why
>> only vbap?)
>>

> i agree with georg that they should be removed.
>
> they should be zipped and put on the sourceforge release page
> though, so
> people can download them somewhere.
>
> apropos: is it ok, if releases of single externals/libraries are
> put on
> the sourceforge release page?
> or is there some policy that would forbid that (e.g. only few
> people are
> allowed actually release managers; if they release only there packages
> (e.g. because they don't have time or energy to put other people's
> stuff
> online), this would make an bias towards their packages which does not
> reflect the aliveness of the CVS)

It would be good to keep the sourceforge page uncluttered, and adding
all these sections would make it much more cluttered than it already
is.  But I do think it's a good idea to post the binaries one a
website and remove them from CVS.

How about puredata.info for random things that won't be regularly
updated?  There is the download wiki exactly for things like this.

.hc

> mfga.sdr
> IOhannes

----