[PD-dev] pidip on Mac OS X gives Symbol not found: _quicktime_video_length

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 19 20:28:34 CEST 2007

I am trying to get pidip working in the Mac OS X auto-builds.  It is
now building beautifully, and automatically including all of the
needed dylibs into the Pd.app.  But when I try to use it, I get this
error

/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-
extended-rc2.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin,
10): Symbol not found: _quicktime_video_length
   Referenced from: /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/
Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

This is using the most recent version of libquicktime that is
included in Fink:  0.9.4-1013.   My guess is that pidip needs a newer
version of libquicktime.  Is there any workarounds?

----

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic