[PD-dev] managing Windows sources in pure-data CVS

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 25 18:00:14 CEST 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 11:04 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Hey,
>>

> hi
>

>> Luckily, CVS is designed to do this:
>>
>> "13. Tracking third-party sources"
>> http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.12.9/cvs_13.html
>
> ;-)
> my only comment on this is that i won't comment it.
>

>> I am not particular about the name of the section, I am thinking
>> "win32_sources".  Comments, feedback, etc.?
>
> so what happens if (after some time) you notice that other OS's will
> profit from the packages in win32_sources too?
> will the package "foobar" live in both "win32_sources" and
> "linux64_sources"?
> or will the linux-stuff also live in "win32_sources"?
>
> i'd rather vote for "3rdparty" or something along these lines.

I am fine with a different name.

But I have to say, I think we should try to avoid using these sources
for anything else but Win32.  Right now, the policy with the auto-
build farms is that the deps need to be in that platform's package
management.  MinGW has no package management beyond the basic tools,
hence this repository.

.hc