[PD-dev] definitions in m_pd.h that aren't present in pd (and vice versa)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Apr 29 22:32:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use SWIG in my work on a Lua external for Pd, and had to
comment out the following definitions in m_pd.h to get code generated by
SWIG to load without "undefined symbol" errors:

EXTERN t_symbol *pd_getfilename(void);
EXTERN t_symbol *pd_getdirname(void);
EXTERN void pd_anything(t_pd *x, t_symbol *s, int argc, t_atom *argv);
EXTERN t_parentwidgetbehavior *class_parentwidget(t_class *c);
EXTERN int sys_isreadablefile(const char *name);
EXTERN float garray_get(t_garray *x, t_symbol *s, t_int indx);
EXTERN void c_extern(t_externclass *cls, t_newmethod newroutine,
      t_method freeroutine, t_symbol *name, size_t size, int tiny,
      t_atomtype arg1, ...);
EXTERN void c_addmess(t_method fn, t_symbol *sel, t_atomtype arg1, ...);

I guess these have either been removed from pd, or aren't declared with
the right visibility in the source.  It would be great if this could be
fixed.

Also, the following are visible in pd, but undeclared in m_pd.h, meaning
I have to declare them myself:

typedef int (*loader_t)(t_canvas *, char *);
void sys_register_loader(loader_t loader);

Would be super if this could be fixed too.

Tested with pd-0.40-2 from Miller's site.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org