[PD-dev] add_string_support.patch

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 1 08:55:46 CEST 2007

Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

>>> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
>>

>> so perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option...
>>
>> try "-p 2"
>
> This is automated, so that would mean changing all the patches in
> packages/patches.  I think it would be much easier to change that one
> patch to remove the path information.

i see. of course i thought of that not before clicking on send.

a more generic solution might be to pipe the diff-file through a sed
script that removes all the unnecessary path information.

another note: are these patches only to be applied to the pd-sources
(and NOT to any externals)? i guess currently there are just patches
against the pd-sources, but wouldn't it be nice to have a generic
solution that could be applied to the entire pure-data CVS?
in this case, i would vote for mandatory paths relative to CVSROOT for
all patches.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes