[PD-dev] add_string_support.patch

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 1 08:59:54 CEST 2007

Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

>> try "-p 2"
>
> This is automated, so that would mean changing all the patches in
> packages/patches.  I think it would be much easier to change that one
> patch to remove the path information.

the last one was another mail where i clicked "send" before thinking.

the "-p 2" would strip _at most_ the first 2 "path-elements" (see 'man
patch' for a better explanation) of the filenames. so
"pd/src/g_rtext.c" becomes "g_rtext.c", while "src/g_canvas.c" becomes
"g_canvas.c" and "m_pd.h" stays the same.

so all patches should apply just as fine as they do now, and the
string-support patch would apply too.

apart from that, i agree that all patches should be "normalized" in a way.
(and that "string" really should be "blob")

mfg,.asr
IOhannes