[PD-dev] Accessing canvas_list without including g_canvas.h

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri May 4 13:37:46 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 18:12 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Lots of externals use g_canvas.h, so it would not be such a big
> deal.  The whole public/private header thing in Pd is not very well
> defined.

I don't really have a problem with using g_canvas.h per se, it's more of
a question of build requirements. m_pd.h usually tends to get installed
to /usr/local/include or /usr/include when installing from source or
some distro packaged version. However, if I use g_*.h headers, I have to
either include them with my sources, or ask the user to add the
necessary include path to the build scripts. Neither of these are very
clean IMO.

Jamie