[PD-dev] pdp/pidip + libquicktime + libavcodec on Mac OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 9 06:47:12 CEST 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 6:18 AM, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Is there anyone who has gotten libavcodec + libquicktime built
>> into  pdp and/or pidip for Mac OS X?  The current build seems to
>> include  it, but I can't get pdp_qt to open any movies.
>> Everything says  "unsupported codec".
>>
>> .hc

>> --- ----
>>
>> As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should
>> be  glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of
>> ours; and  this we should do freely and generously.         -
>> Benjamin Franklin

> joder, this mystery ..... and obsfuscation.... it's only this :
>
> [root at localhost pdp]# ls /usr/local/lib/libquicktime
> lqt_audiocodec.a lqt_ferguson.a lqt_mjpeg.a lqt_opendivx.a
> lqt_png.a lqt_rtjpeg.a lqt_svq.a lqt_videocodec.a lqt_vorbis.a
> lqt_xanim.a
> lqt_audiocodec.la lqt_ferguson.la lqt_mjpeg.la lqt_opendivx.la
> lqt_png.la lqt_rtjpeg.la lqt_svq.la lqt_videocodec.la lqt_vorbis.la
> lqt_xanim.la
> lqt_audiocodec.so lqt_ferguson.so lqt_mjpeg.so lqt_opendivx.so
> lqt_png.so lqt_rtjpeg.so lqt_svq.so lqt_videocodec.so lqt_vorbis.so
> lqt_xanim.so
>
> you included this in your build?

Hmm, this is a tricky bit, I am not sure how to include these inside
the Pd.app.  Right now they are in /sw/lib/libquicktime and they seem
to work there.  But I am getting crashes with pdp_qt and pdp_yqt.
pdp_yqt worked well with a PNG file, but then pegged the CPU and
crashed with a theora file.

----

scarcity."        -John Gilmore