[PD-dev] pdp/pidip + libquicktime + libavcodec on Mac OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 9 22:23:11 CEST 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> On May 8, 2007, at 6:18 AM, Yves Degoyon wrote:    joder, this
>> mystery ..... and obsfuscation.... it's only this :
>>>

>>> [root at localhost pdp]# ls /usr/local/lib/libquicktime
>>> lqt_audiocodec.a lqt_ferguson.a lqt_mjpeg.a lqt_opendivx.a
>>> lqt_png.a lqt_rtjpeg.a lqt_svq.a lqt_videocodec.a lqt_vorbis.a
>>> lqt_xanim.a
>>> lqt_audiocodec.la lqt_ferguson.la lqt_mjpeg.la lqt_opendivx.la
>>> lqt_png.la lqt_rtjpeg.la lqt_svq.la lqt_videocodec.la lqt_vorbis.la
>>> lqt_xanim.la
>>> lqt_audiocodec.so lqt_ferguson.so lqt_mjpeg.so lqt_opendivx.so
>>> lqt_png.so lqt_rtjpeg.so lqt_svq.so lqt_videocodec.so lqt_vorbis.so
>>> lqt_xanim.so
>>>
>>> you included this in your build?
>>>
>> Hmm, this is a tricky bit, I am not sure how to include these inside
>> the Pd.app.  Right now they are in /sw/lib/libquicktime and they seem
>> to work there.  But I am getting crashes with pdp_qt and pdp_yqt.
>> pdp_yqt worked well with a PNG file, but then pegged the CPU and
>> crashed with a theora file.
>>

> theora file? you mean a .mov or .ogg ?
> if you want to read a .ogg, you should use pdp_theorin~
>
> saludos,
> sevy

That was with a .mov using theora.  I'll try an ogg theora now.

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom