[PD-dev] Adding stuff to pd-extended 0.39

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 28 00:26:42 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> "branched-v0-39-2-extended" is the tag of the point where the branch
> was made. "branch-v0-39-2-extended" (minus "ed) is the branch itself.
>
> For future reference, it's generally not a good idea to add code to a
> release candidate.  It's not just about the stability of the objects
> themselves, but of the whole package and any possible interactions.
> I am ok with you adding this stuff now, as long as you are willing to
> test them on all three platforms, or have people test them.

I'm not able to test them, but it's just some abstractions (though
it's 30 files, half of them help-files). It's okay to leave the newer
objects out, but I also found, that some bugfixes I made to [list]-abs
or RTC-lib are missing. I suppose similar things may also occur in
other libraries. (Maybe it would be good to think about splitting
pd-extended into smaller packages e.g. one for Pd itself, one for
extensions, but of course that's a debatable issue.)

> Otherwise, the Pd-0.40.2-extended builds are a good place for just
> checking stuff in since those builds will get tested as it nears
> closer to release.

Aren't the autobuilds automatically build from HEAD? Then there would
be no need for checking stuff in explicitly.

Ciao