[PD-dev] opencv externals data type conversion

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Tue May 29 22:15:33 CEST 2007

I am trying to write a set of externals based on the opencv library.  My main interest is in the motion
tracking aspect of opencv.  I am new to programing and I am having a tough time converting the opencv
IplImage data type to the Pd symbol data type in order to send it out of outlets and in to inlets. Martin
suggested I try something like this:
char symstr[10];
t_symbol sym;
sprintf(symstr, "%p", frame);
sym = gensym(symstr);
and then send sym through the outlet and convert it back at the receiving end by extracting the sting
from the s_name field and passing it to atol().  But I get this error when I use sym = gensym(symstr);
no match for 'operator=' in 'sym = gensym(((char*)(& symstr)))'.  Does anyone know how to get around
this?
Thanks,
Alain