[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1728405 ] keyname issues in Windows

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 30 17:58:09 CEST 2007

Hallo,
SourceForge.net hat gesagt: // SourceForge.net wrote:

> The [keyname] doesn't handle correctly at least the following keys:
> - space bar
> - enter
> - escape
>
> It doesn't correctly return the key name on the right outlet.

I believe everything is right on Pd's side, but cannot test ATM, so
could you do the following test: You can make "symbol <space>" where
<space> is an actual " " with [makefilename %c] and sending the
ASCII-Number for space (32 IIRC). If you use this symbol in a [select
DUMMY] object's right inlet to set the selected symbol, then you
should be able to properly [select] on a <space>-symbol coming in from
[keyname]. Same should be valid for other whitespace or some
non-printing characters.

Ciao