[PD-dev] Keyboard shortcut for Left-click?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jun 14 12:00:59 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I actually would like to test this. Does someone know how to set this
> up (maybe with of some key->mouse translation tools) on X-Windows?

Okay, found that: Just use "xkbset m" to switch on "MouseKeys" mode on
the keypad. To map for example the left Windows-key to "Pointer_Button1"
you need to find the keycode for it with "xev", then use that with
xmodmap. For my keyboard the code is "115". Then these two commands
will make the windows key be mouse button 1:

xmodmap -e "keycode 115 = Pointer_Button1"
xkbset m

And this will disable it again:

xmodmap -e "keycode 115 = Super_L"
xkbset -m

Very cool, thanks for listening to my ramblings ...

Ciao