[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1552482 ] update to [cnv] help to document arguments

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 14 17:20:14 CEST 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1552482&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: bugfix

Initial Comment:
The canvas object seems to take arguments happily enough - while I
could not find this documented, I discovered what went where by trying
"cnv a b c d e f g h..." and checking where they ended up in the
properties.  This worked, but while the arguments appear in the
properties, they do not actually "show up" in the canvas until the property
window is closed again.

I've attached a patch that demonstrates this behavior.

(I was hoping to build a "canvas generator" that would save me the
trouble of opening property windows to set dimensions or a recieve
symbol that could be used with Joao Miguel Pais's "gui-edit" abstraction.
But the receive symbol does not start functioning until the props are
opened, then closed.)

Also, the first 3 arguments do not seem to do anything (they'd logically
control "selectable size" and the x and y dimensions of the canvas).