[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1692649 ] sqrt~ giving only -inf/inf

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 17 16:39:52 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1692649, was opened at 2007-04-01 23:51
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1692649&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: v0.39.2

Initial Comment:

For the G4 and Intel optimized builds of Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7 on Mac OS X, sqrt~ only returns -inf or inf.  (Does this affect other platforms?)  This is probably related to the auto-vectorization.  This is not a problem on Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7 that was built for G3s.

Check the sqrt~-help.pd file for a test patch.

sqrt~ of the signal 9 returns -\infty, hence not 3 as expected. All tried int signals greater then zero returns -\infty. To test this, see either the attached patch (which is very close to the help-patch for [sqrt~]) or the help-patch for [sqrt~].

See also:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-01/046266.html

Comment By: stffn (stffn)