[PD-dev] changing netsend [was: automatically "send" lists with [udpsend]]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 19 14:24:13 CEST 2007

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>> might be that my reasoning is not completely in-line with pd-vanilla
>> (compare the "send" message to [netsend])
>
> At first I thought, changing [netsend] so that it behaves the same would
> be cool as well, however [netreceive] differentiates between "foo 1"
> and "list foo 1". Hm, ...

true.
and there is almost[1] no way to prepend "send" to "list a b c" with
native objects...: the result will most likely be "send a b c" which
will become "a b c" after [netreceive] (actually after [netsend]) which
is not "list a b c".

hmm, hmm...

mfga.sdr
IOhannes

[1] of course it IS possible, but somehow awkward:

[route list               ]
|                         [list prepend send]
[list prepend send list]  |