[PD-dev] Pd external-window crash

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 26 15:27:19 CEST 2007

Well it seems like the way Pd handles tcl/tk you have to use a workaround to get Pd to display a
carbon window correctly. The work around is to put this before creating a window:

EventRef	theEvent;
EventTargetRef theTarget;

theTarget = GetEventDispatcherTarget();
ReceiveNextEvent( 0, NULL, kEventDurationNoWait, true,
&theEvent );
{
SendEventToEventTarget( theEvent, theTarget);
ReleaseEvent( theEvent );
}
clock_delay(s_windowClock, 10);
}

Now I have to figure out how to destroy the window properly.
Alain