[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jul 4 04:32:15 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 12:26:06PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Johannes wrote:
> >- the entire tree is obviously supposed to be a mirror of another
> >repository which is hosted somewhere else
>
> What I wanted to do is
> copy cvs.gridflow.ca:/home/cvs/gridflow into pd/externals.

I similarly need to get my abstractions into SF CVS, but my abstractions
are hosted in an SVN repository. One great feature of SVN is the ability
to have 'external' directories in a repository. This means that I could
place an 'external' into the SF repository, pointing to my own repository,
and when I change something I wouldn't have to commit the changes to two
different locations (my own repository and also the SF one). I could just
commit them to my own repository, and when users check out SF repository
they automatically get s-abstractions from my own repository (and that
goes for the pd-extended builds too).

I guess what I am getting at is; are we still transitioning to SVN? Can
we do it soon, because it will make my life much easier. :)

Best,

Chris.