[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jul 4 10:51:46 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 08:51:10AM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
> > I guess what I am getting at is; are we still transitioning to SVN? Can
> > we do it soon, because it will make my life much easier. :)
>
> I don't think we will transition to svn any time soon.
>
> Every time I suggested to do that, the discussion turned into a
> discussion about how sh*tty Sourceforge is and that we should leave it
> and go somewhere else, and then everyone suggested his favourite
> "somewhere else" and then everything stayed as it was.

Yep, I've read some of those discussions in the archives, and also as
they were happening. The last thing I want is to throw petrol on the fire;
I just want to get my s-abstractions into pd-extended with minimum fuss.

What were the hosting options? Let's summarise them with concise clear
language so we can cut to the chase and get this moving:

1. IEM? (is this an option?)
pros:
cons: lots of work for IOhannes.

2. savanna.nongnu.org
pros:
cons:

3. Rent a dedicated server.
pros: we have total control.
cons: we have to install and set up. costs money.

Please contribute to the above, anyone who cares to (but keep it brief
and on topic so we don't end up with essays that solve nothing).

Best,

Chris.