[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jul 4 12:24:46 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 11:50:00AM +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Chris McCormick wrote:
> > 1. IEM? (is this an option?)
> > pros:
> > cons: lots of work for IOhannes.
> >
> > 2. savanna.nongnu.org
> > pros:
> > cons:
> >
> > 3. Rent a dedicated server.
> > pros: we have total control.
> > cons: we have to install and set up. costs money.
> >

> i do not fully understand the difference between 1. and 3.
> we could rent a dedicated server at the IEM :-)

We can? Ok. If we rent, we would need to evaluate the different options
for price, features, etc.

I was under the impression that the IEM option was IEM donating server
resources with yourself doing the administration.

> as for savanna: how is this different from just staying at sourceforge?

We know the SF sucks. Do we have evidence that Savanna sucks?

Let's add an option:

4. Stay at sourceforge but transition to SVN.
pros: easy.
cons: SF sucks.

Best,

Chris.