[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 4 20:23:39 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> My only other big problem, afair, is that I can't handle a list of people
> who have commit access to my particular projects, there has to be one big
> centralised list for the whole 'pure-data' project. In one sense, that's
> not much of a problem because I could use another SF project container.
> That wouldn't be in pure-data:/pd/externals/ anymore, but hey, neither is
> 'pd-gem'.

Actually the long and growing project member list to me also is a
problem. It's not an urgent problem, but I'd sleep better (as one of
the admins) if there was a more fine grained access control. Most
people don't need and many don't even want to have write access to
everything. It's possible to mess things up even without intending
too, just for example with a wrong "cvs import". The fact that this
hasn't happened in the past is no excuse for the future.

The main problem with SVN on Sourceforge is, that there isn't even the
basic access control for SVN, that SF has for CVS, (AFAIK). I don't
think, that Savannah or - god beware: Google has the kind of access
control that we could have if we'd roll our own repository e.g. at
IEM.

Ciao