[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 01:21:43 CEST 2007

Actually the long and growing project member list to me also is a
problem. It's not an urgent problem, but I'd sleep better (as one of
the admins) if there was a more fine grained access control. Most
people don't need and many don't even want to have write access to
everything. It's possible to mess things up even without intending
Indeed, but there is quite a lot of stuff on pd cvs that requires some programming/makefile skills to get working anyway, that needs "cleaning up" e.g. cxc doesn't compile from cvs (regexp bangfilt needs to be changed to bfilt in makefile).

I won't upload my own working makefile as the external is not my place to do so, but it would be a good idea for those that do not compile, or those that have no makefiles at all, if there were a way of "cvs-suggest" or something. We need an authoritative repository...it's no one person's responsibility to maintain all of cvs, but we could all contribute to its robustness perhaps...

Best,
Ed

Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com
http://www.myspace.com/sharktracks