[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Jul 6 05:04:46 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 07:05:49PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Alexandre Quessy hat gesagt: // Alexandre Quessy wrote:
>
> > What about a SVN at goto10.org ?
>
> We at goto10 discussed this internally some time ago, but decided at
> that time that for such a big project as the Pd-CVS we lack the (human
> and technical) resources to support it as it would deserve.

Well it seems to me that there are three tasks that we need to
accomplish here:

1. Transitioning to a more feature rich source management system.
2. Moving the repository to a more reliable machine that we have control
over.
3. Sorting out the structure of the repository.

I think that we could do them in any order, but for selfish reasons i'd
like to prioritise 1, and suggest SVN, since it will make my own task
of including s-abstractions in pd-extended much easier.

Thoughts?

Chris.