[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jul 9 13:49:29 CEST 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 1:44 AM, Chris McCormick wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 10:33:56PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> wrote:
>> On Jul 6, 2007, at 6:02 AM, Chris McCormick wrote:
>>> Sounds good! I will stop pestering the list about it then and wait
>>> until
>>> after pd~convention to commit s-abstractions when there is some
>>> resolution about the repository.
>>
>> It doesn't take much to commit stuff to the CVS.  I'd say it wouldn't
>> hurt to do it now.
>
> Well as it stands now I'd have the annoying requirement that I keep
> two local copies of s-abstractions and have to manually port changes
> between them and commit to two different repositories, which was the
> reason for my original post. I am very forgetful, and I am certain
> that
> the SF repository would fall out of date as I'd forget to commit to
> that
> repository each time I made a change.
>
> I'm happy to wait until we've resolved the repository issues before
> importing my abstractions.

If you are going to maintain your code in a repository that is
different from the pure-data one, then it makes the most sense to
only import releases into the pure-data CVS, instead of keeping it
synced.  "cvs import" allows you to do this with one command that
also makes a tag for that release.

.hc

> Best,
>
> Chris.

> http://mccormick.cx

----

"...information-sharing is a powerful positive good, and... it is an
ethical duty of hackers to share their expertise by writing open-
source code and facilitating access to information and to computing
resources wherever possible."   - Eric Raymond