[PD-dev] cleanup of CVS

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jul 10 05:50:24 CEST 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:25 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 07:49:29AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> wrote:
>>> Well as it stands now I'd have the annoying requirement that I keep
>>> two local copies of s-abstractions and have to manually port changes
>>> between them and commit to two different repositories, which was the
>>> reason for my original post.
>>
>> If you are going to maintain your code in a repository that is
>> different from the pure-data one, then it makes the most sense to
>> only import releases into the pure-data CVS, instead of keeping it
>> synced.  "cvs import" allows you to do this with one command that
>> also makes a tag for that release.
>
> Ok, I'm convinced. I haven't used CVS import like that before; I
> wonder
> if you could point me to some docs on that, or give me an example.
> Would
> it be something like:
>
> export CVSROOT=chr15m at pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data
> cvs login
> cvs import s-abstractions/

Oops, forgot the link:

http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.12.9/cvs_13.html

.hc

> Best,
>
> Chris.

> http://mccormick.cx

----

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson