[PD-dev] please add 'mokhov' to pure-data at SF.net

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 24 19:03:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> ... and why it is crucial, that you do this yourself! We already have
> more than 40 developers, someone surely would volunteer to add some
> abstractions. (I'm slowly getting really worried about the developer
> count.)

We have 63 registered developers (61 if you don't count those known to be
deceased). However in terms of practical security, even though common
sense tells you that more people is more trouble, what matters is whether
their account can be trusted to be them, that they can be trusted to not
cause trouble, and which access control measures are put in place in order
to prevent trouble.

If instead you have to deal with SF admins who might be telling you that
the project has too many people, then that's a completely different
matter. Just tell them that pd is being a « victim of its own success » -
because that's the truth: if pd wasn't that successful you wouldn't have
nearly as many people who have something to contribute.