[PD-dev] pdstring's crashing

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jul 25 01:06:14 CEST 2007

moin again,

having had a closer look, i'm 99.9% certain that my code is at fault
here (said error is typically produced by writing beyond an array's
bounds); so now I've stopped writing the trailing NUL to the string
populated by binbuf_gettext() -- there might still be a bounds problem
with other dynamically allocated arrays (x->x_argv comes to mind), but
since freebytes(text) is failing, "text" looks like the prime suspect to
me...

the new code has been checked into cvs as externals/moocow/pdstring
v0.04 ... let me know if it works (or doesn't)... and send me some
sequence of inputs that reproduces the error if you can find one...

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2007-07-24 23:14:32, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> appears to
have written:
--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology