[PD-dev] any way to use GLUT in external

Nose Hair nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 31 03:22:35 CEST 2007

I am trying to write an external that uses glut.  But I have hit a
stumbling block. I am not able to use glutMainLoop without entering
into some king of cpu sucking vortex that halts all Pd functions.  I
know this is a problem with the way Pd/tkl handles events.  Has
anyone figure out a simple way around this?  I tried to look at the
Gem source code but there is too much going on in there for me to get
a simple solution.  Is there a straight forward solution out there?

Thanks,
Alain