[PD-dev] any2string problem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 31 10:35:14 CEST 2007

Bryan Jurish wrote:

>> and it is rather a glitch in the assumptions the externals/build/src/
>> makes than in the pdstring, which just builds perfectly.
>
> i don't wish to agitate slumbering canines, but it would be nice if the
> externals/build system and pdstring (also gfsm, readdir, etc) played
> nicely with one another.  I keep putting off writing default
>
> also, i seem to recall hearing or reading recently something to the
> effect that "multiple-object libraries are deprecated" -- is there any
> knock-down drag-out argument why this should be so?

plenty of them :-)

anyhow, i have started a wiki at
http://puredata.info/Members/zmoelnig/pdcon07/PdAgenda where i collect
ideas on what i would love to have discussed on the pdcon07 (fooing up a
build-system that i don't use by modifying and (build-)testing my own
external being one of them)

please contribute (even if you don't attend)

> externals/build-compatibile makefiles, basically because I think there's
> got to be a "better" way to do it, most likely involving
> automake|autoconf.  any m4 hackers on the list these days?

i thought they died out last century, followed by a great bio-diversity
of scons, cmakers and antlers.

mfga.dfrt
IOhannes