[PD-dev] problems building FFTW-enabled pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Aug 18 21:11:51 CEST 2007

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Sorry, FFTW support isn't working at all in the current version of Pd
> (they changed the API and I haven't had the patience to try to deal
> with it yet.)

Sorry, FFTW 3 was released several years before pd 0.40 and you decided to
use the FFTW 2 API anyway.

FFTW 3 is still missing some features that are in FFTW 2, but AFAIK, those
features are irrelevant to Pd.

Both libraries are available at the same time in several Linux
distributions, and are completely separate APIs: you write for one or the
other. It's difficult to say that the API of FFTW 2 changed to become FFTW
3, especially as upgrading your distribution doesn't replace FFTW 2 by
FFTW 3 and won't ever, and none of the filenames are the same, etc.