[PD-dev] does pd use dual buffer approach ?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 03:17:46 CEST 2007

--- Miller Puckette <mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Depending on the OS, you can get at least 100 milliseconds of buffering and
> perhaps much more... so it should be fine.
>
> cheers
> Miller

Well, the OS is Linux (SUSE 10.2 to be precise) and I'm interested in FFT
transforms taking, say, 3 seconds.

Will pd allocate the necessary buffers/threads ?

Can pd be configured to cope with such latencies ?

If yes, at run time or at compile time ?

Thanks,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/