[PD-dev] does pd use dual buffer approach ?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 03:38:28 CEST 2007

Hey, there, Sergei
  I was just working on an example to show you if it can be done...  I
have worked with this quite a bit, and have successfully used filters
as long as 1.5 seconds long @ 44kHz using my dinky little 1.6Ghz
Sempron.  Although the original implementation was a subband adaptive
filter using wavelet transform, and many other externals I wrote to do
it, it DID use pd's own blocking/dsp scheduling system. So, I for one
think it is possible, depending upon your system (also I was using
Linux, by the way).
  However, then I created a canvas that covered up some things to make
a GOP patch.  Ummm apparently I did things in the wrong order, so it
crashes now, every time.
I will try to recover the work I just did, and get back to you as soon as I can.

Chuck