[PD-dev] problem opening .pat files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Aug 20 01:49:37 CEST 2007

On Aug 18, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Andrew May wrote:
>
>> I'm able to open Max .pat files in pd-extended 0.38.4; but not in
>> pd 0.39.2, pd-extended 0.39-3 (including the cyclone library), or
>> pd 0.40-2. There's no error message: the dialog box accepts the
>> request, then nothing happens. Is this a known issue? Might I be
>> doing something wrong?
>
> If this somehow depends on Cyclone functionality that is not part
> of any object class in particular, then this may be related to the
> big change in pd-extended that assumes that every piece of external
> functionality is a class, when in reality it's not.

I am unaware of that assumption, care to elaborate?

The opening off .pat files from the open dialog is unrelated to
cyclone.  The opening of .pat files is in Miller's core, cyclone is
written by Krzysztof Czaja as a separate project.

I think I saw this bug before, but I haven't looked into it.  I think
it works on Windows.  Please file a bug report.  Include which
platform you are using to test.  I think this works on Windows but
not Mac OS X, for example.  Also, testing Miller's releases vs. Pd-
extended releases is also useful.

.hc