[PD-dev] problem opening .pat files

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 20 05:11:01 CEST 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> If this somehow depends on Cyclone functionality that is not part of any
>> object class in particular, then this may be related to the big change in
>> pd-extended that assumes that every piece of external functionality is a
>> class, when in reality it's not.
> The opening off .pat files from the open dialog is unrelated to cyclone.
> The opening of .pat files is in Miller's core, cyclone is written by Krzysztof
> Czaja as a separate project.

Ok, seems like I made a slight mistake here; I was thinking more of
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-01/046068.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-08/041571.html

and such.

> I am unaware of that assumption, care to elaborate?

This is an assumption that you make by cutting libraries into pieces.
What you assume can be inferred from what you do.