[PD-dev] PD externals/extras/OSC and RT and JACK

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 03:45:27 CEST 2007

Hi!

Glad you are enjoying Pd.

> 3) I found the source to OSCx on SourceForge, but it looks ancient (i.e. from 2002), which includes it's own statically-linked (and very old) version of libosc. Is that really the latest release? I'm thrilled that PD makes working with MIDI so easy, but I am going to want to use OSC too.

This part of your post really confuses me.  The OSCx stuff works quite
well.  Why is it a problem that the code is "old"?
By the way there is a "new" OSC implementation in the "mrpeach"
folder, take a look if you are worried about OSCx.  For the record
though, I've been using sendOSC and dumpOSC for quite some time now
and they work very well.

Steve