[PD-dev] JACK transport and syncing

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 09:46:56 CEST 2007

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:40:32 -0700
Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:

>  Finally, what do y'all use for Googling for PD-related stuff? Googling for
>  "pure::data" doesn't always work (are the colons special characters in
>  Google?), "pd" sometimes works, the words "pure data" are too common, and
>  "pure.data" seems best so far. I guess I'm looking for a
>  statistically-improbable phrase to filter for search results specific to PD.

Good question and perhaps controversial - I thought about this when first
publishing Pd things and eventualy decided "Puredata" is the best. If case
senstitive then capitalised P. Special characters like :: tend to get handled
weirdly by search engines. A two word phrase "pure data" throws up too many
instances where people are talking about "only data" or "clean/unpolluted data".
Interestingly if you combine "procedural audio" and PD you get lots of stuff
on how to conduct police department interviews  with suspects.

--
Use the source