[PD-dev] PD externals/extras/OSC and RT and JACK

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 2 15:25:24 CEST 2007

Ken Restivo wrote:

> I just realized that it *almost* works.
>
> The JACK devices are definitely created at the time that PD starts up.
>
> But no sound comes out until I choose the "Test Audio and MIDI" window, and click on -20 or -40, and get a tone, and then click OFF.
>
> Only *then* will audio come out of any other patches that might be loaded, even if I can see from number boxes that the patches are definitely running.

you hae to turn the audio-engine on in order to hear something.
there is a little checkbox in the main pd-window that says "compute
audio", try enabling that...
btw, this should be explained in the docs (if it is not, i think it is a
serious omission)

fms.dr
IOhannes

PS: i think it would be nicer to limit each email to just one (group of)
question(s); as you can see by the answers so far, people seem to split
it up anyhow, but the subjects and bureaucratic organization completely
screws up. and pd-dev vs pd-list and...