[PD-dev] new external... please help

Thomas O Fredericks tof at danslchamp.org
Wed Sep 5 19:39:17 CEST 2007

I do not know if I should post here or on the main list.

Anyways, I made a new external called folderpanel (I know it is possible to
reproduce this with tot, by that solution proved buggy with cyclone and Gem
or something, I don't remember the details...) that lets you select a
directory.

It is based on parts of cyclone and pd's savepanel.
It did not work before, but then I added a space  or a \\; in in the tk code
somewhere and it works now.

I do not know much c, so please bear with me. Here are a few questions:

- how do I guarantee that the tk code, lines 78 to 83, only run once?
- what does pd_bind do?
- do you see any other weirdness in my code ( I know there are useless
pieces of code, like all references to s and s->s_name) ?

what I would like to add:

- starts browsing in the path received. how would you implement this? I have
seen http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TkCmd/chooseDirectory.htm but I am unsure
of the implementation with pd.

Source code, help file and i386 linux binary attached (to compile: make
pd_linux)

Thanks

--
thomas ouellet fredericks, tof at danslchamp.org, montreal, canada