[PD-dev] sys_idlehook and audio API interaction

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Sep 5 21:18:33 CEST 2007

Hi Claude,
since we were in the same paper session at the convention you might
remember that i was advocating a different idle processing scheme in
my talk.
When you are looking into m_sched.c you'll notice that the
sys_idlehook call is dependent on the didsomething varialbe, which is
again dependent on the behavior (type, blocksize etc.) of the
specific audio api.
I haven't had time to provide patches for the devel_0_39 solution to
this, but i'll promise that i'll do one of these days.

greetings,
Thomas