[PD-dev] cleaning up the list of developers

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 11 09:59:34 CEST 2007

Tim Blechmann wrote:
> i am not really a fan of removing people from a project, but maybe one
> could distinguish between 'active' and 'retired' developers ... retired
> developers should loose their cvs access, but still kept in the
> sourceforge developer lists ...

i agree with hans that i don't understand the reasoning behind this.

the list of project participants should not be mistaken as an "authors"
list (there are lots of contributors of pd-core, external- and
abstraction- code who have never enroled in the pd-cvs)

and deleting somebody from the list of project members is not an attempt
to undo history. the repository logs will still hold the name of the
original author.

>> I propose that we leave Gerard van Dongen and Jamie Tittle on the
>> list since they are still with us in spirit.

i regret that i do not fully understand this request either.
while both of them have contributed a lot and chances are high that they
would be contributing if they were still with us, i do not see a point
in treating them as if they were still among us.
a usual clause for "vereins"-members (in morbid austria) is, that their
membership ends with their death.

personally, i would not want to do the removal of jamie or gerard just
because they are no longer with us. but i have little problem in having
their sourceforge accounts be part of an automated process.

mfa.sdr
IOhannes