[PD-dev] repository layout

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Sep 12 01:32:01 CEST 2007

I use branches of the whole thing for Pd-extended, so I like this layout:

/branches/pd-extended/pd-extended-0-40-3

Also, the same goes for the trunk, I think we should think of all this
stuff as one big project, or one meta-project if youwant to thikn about it
that way.  So I agree with IOhannes, having the subfolders in trunk rather
than the trunk in the subfolder, i.e.

    /trunk/pd/
    /trunk/pd-devel/
    /trunk/desiredata/
    /trunk/externals/
    /trunk/packages/
    /trunk/scripts/
    /trunk/doc/

About desiredata, as Matju stated, the plan is to not remain in
synch with the code, but instead be compatible (sounds like a good idea,
by the way).  Therefore, it probably makes sense to have desiredata in
it's own repository.  But I suppose there is not harm done having a
'desiredata' trunk.

As for 'scripts', there needs to be a place for all the scripts needed to
build Pd-extended.  Whether that's also the place for bash_completion,
etc, that's a separate question.  What do other projects do for this
stuff?  This is not a unique question...

.hc