[PD-dev] repository layout

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 12 09:53:54 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> About desiredata, as Matju stated, the plan is to not remain in
> synch with the code, but instead be compatible (sounds like a good idea,
> by the way).  Therefore, it probably makes sense to have desiredata in
> it's own repository.  But I suppose there is not harm done having a
> 'desiredata' trunk.

all the harm that is possible to do is done by this!
what is the benefit if the code is maintained outside and there is an
outdated revision in "trunk"?

i don't see a reason why desiredata should move out again into a
separate repository, unless they wish to do so.

(and if you feel like you must import upstream code, it should be
imported into a tag; it can then be referenced via the svn:externals;
btw, svn:externals can also reference code outside _this_ repository (at
least if it is in a subversion repository))

fmga.sdr
IOhannes