[PD-dev] repository layout

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Wed Sep 12 14:46:21 CEST 2007

Hello,

I just missed the pdconv, so how is the authorization for the repository
planed ? Is it possible to restrict access to a subfolder ?

If so I would recommend to put the trunk, tags, branches as subfolder of
projects which can be deligated rather then have a very long list of versions
for each external, subexternal or else in one directory. I would prefer:

pd/[trunk|branches|tags]
pd-devel/[trunk|branches|tags]
externals/[some external name]/[trunk|branches|tags]

eg:
 externals/iem/comport/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/iem/iemmatrix/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/zexy/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/grill/[newlib]/[trunk|branches|tags

since it is easy to filter out trunk in path for automatic builds, this should
not be a problem and everybody has freedom to organize his projects with tags
and branches and subfolder before tags and branches.

Please even its not possible today to give authorization to subfolder, it will
be in near future and so the repository becomes readable finding tags and
branches und we need not website for it to give short links.

mfg winfried