[PD-dev] kiosk mode (was: Re: [ pure-data-Patches-1529010 ] kiosk-mode)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Sep 12 18:00:28 CEST 2007

On Sep 11, 2007, at 9:55 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> On Sep 10, 2007, at 9:47 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> That sounds quite handy.  It should definitely be in some lib
>> somewhere.
>
> well, it already is in "some lib": toxy (my patch is really just
> one of the example-patches slightly modified)

an example patch is quite a different thing than a debugged,
functional object sitting in a library ready for use.

>>  Unfortunately, it seems to have no effect on Mac OS X,  which
>> uses Cmd instead of Control, and the windows don't have  menubars
>> anyway.
>
> well, i guess it is trivial to remove the Cmd-bindings too (just in
> case).
> and i don't know how to remove the menubars of windows that do not
> have any :-)

You can hide the Apple menubar, but there is just one.  Gem can do it.

.hc

> fmga.sdr
> IOhannes

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White