[PD-dev] repository layout

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Sep 12 20:50:33 CEST 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> personally i think "externals" is exactly the name: it means "pd stuff
> that does not come with pd itself", rather than "pd-objects written in C"

How about "extensions"? Somehow the word "externals" has sunken in as
meaning binary externals written in C/C++ and "abstractions" are
Pd patches and we don't have a word yet for non-compiled object
written in Python etc. so "extensions" could grab all of these
together without a need to change the words we're used to.

Ciao