[PD-dev] I am really confused by this C problem - help?

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 09:33:54 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I just don't get this one. I have an object (maskxor) with a [mode $1 ( method. I've attached an extra outlet to this object so I can see what its value is, and I have a post("mode = %d", x->mode); to display it in the PD window. The type of x->mode is t_float. Right, so when I change the mode from 0 to 1, I should see 1 on the mode outlet and "mode = 1" in the PD window, right? wrong. I get -1.463894 or something like that on the mode outlet, and -219478567583 or something in the PD window. Can someone pleeeeeease tell me what is going on?

Patch code and pd_linux object enclosed.
Best,
Ed

Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com
http://www.myspace.com/sharktracks